How to Organize Your Home Before the Cleaning Service Arrives
Getting your home cleaned by a professional cleaning service is a great way to save time and energy, and to have your home sparkling clean. But before the cleaners arrive, there are a few things you can do to make the process easier and more efficient for everyone involved.
1. Declutter your home
The more clutter you have in your home, the longer it will take the cleaners to clean it. So take some time before they arrive to declutter your surfaces and floors. This means putting away toys, clothes, dishes, and other items that are out of place. You can also take some time to organize your closets and cabinets.
2. Put away valuables
Even though professional cleaning services are insured, it’s still a good idea to put away any valuables before they arrive. This includes things like jewelry, money, and important documents. You can lock them in a safe or closet, or take them with you when you leave the house.
3. Secure your pets
If you have pets, it’s important to secure them before the cleaners arrive. This means putting them in a crate, or in a room where they won’t be underfoot. You can also ask a friend or family member to watch them for the day.
4. Give the cleaners clear instructions
Once the cleaners arrive, take some time to give them clear instructions. Let them know which areas of your home you would like them to clean, and any specific tasks you would like them to complete. You can also leave them a note with any special requests or instructions.
5. Be prepared to leave the house
It’s best to leave the house while the cleaners are working. This gives them the space they need to do their job, and it also prevents you from being underfoot. If you need to stay home, try to stay out of their way and let them do their job.
Here are some additional tips for organizing your home before the cleaning service arrives:
- Clear off the counters and tables.
- Put away dirty dishes and appliances.
- Take out the trash and recyclables.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Wipe down the stovetop and oven.
- Clean out the microwave and refrigerator.
- Clear off the counters and sink.
- Put away dirty towels and washcloths.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Clean the toilet, bathtub, and shower.
- Wipe down the mirror and cabinets.
Living room and bedrooms
- Put away toys, clothes, and other clutter.
- Make the beds.
- Dust the furniture and shelves.
- Vacuum the floors.
- Sweep and mop the hallway and entryway.
- Dust the stairs and railings.
- Vacuum the furniture and upholstery.
- Clean the windows and mirrors.
Take some time to clean the following areas before your cleaners arrive:
- Under the beds: This is a common area for dust and dirt to accumulate. Use a vacuum cleaner with a long attachment to clean under the beds.
- Behind the furniture: Furniture can be heavy and difficult to move, so it’s easy to forget to clean behind it. Use a broom or vacuum cleaner to clean behind the furniture.
- Inside the cabinets: Cabinets can be a magnet for dust and dirt. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the inside of the cabinets.
- Inside the appliances: Appliances like the stove, oven, and refrigerator can get dirty inside and out. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the outside of the appliances, and use the appropriate cleaning products to clean the inside.
- The light fixtures: Light fixtures can accumulate dust and dirt over time. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the light fixtures.
By organizing your home before the cleaning service arrives, you can make the process easier and more efficient for everyone involved. You can also save time and money by making sure that the cleaners only have to focus on cleaning, and not on decluttering and organizing.
Web : maid services orlando